In digging for information for another class online I have again found myself skipping from site to site to site reading the first few lines that catch my attention and then clicking the first link on the site that goes elsewhere. This ultimately led me to this graphic and I figured I had better write this blog ASAP:
There are several pieces of information that I find extremely interesting here.
Social Networking ads account for 7% of all online advertising expenses. Perhaps it is just that this class has opened my eyes a bit to the importance of social network marketing, or maybe companies are throwing away too much money on pointless banner ads and pop-ups but that was WAY lower thatn what I would have suspected. And just check out the expected % change in spending over the next three years! It looks like a great time to be Mark Zuckerberg. I was a little disappointed at the absence of an entertainment media statistic in the last group. I would really like to see the percentages on that, I bet they are really high. As for myself I could not tell you the last time I bought a CD but I can tell you when the last time I downloaded one was... about 4 minutes ago. I know that social media has an enormous impact an what music and movies people are checking out but I am curious on how much greater the impact is versus other industries.

No comments:
Post a Comment